It was Marcia Hamilton, celebrity hairdresser and haircolor company Italy Hairfashion’s award-winning stylist, who created Willow Smith’s funky hair looks in the tween pop star’s music video for her song, Whip My Hair. For the “Heart Hawk” style that opened the video, Hamilton wrapped the braids around a wire-shaped heart piece and secured them in place with glue. To finish, Hamilton sprayed the look with Italy Hairfashion’s Purity Design Pure Definition Hairspray. To create the long braids that were featured in the beginning of the video, Hamilton applied White Sands Orchids Oil to Smith’s hair to ease braiding and add shine. The braids were then dipped in paint during the first scene of the video to bring color and energy that set the mood for the rest of the show. For the video’s next look, a faux-hawk variation, Hamilton attached hand-colored clip-in extensions with bright hues from Italy Hairfashion’s Colorly Xtreme Colors to Smith’s hair. Finally, Hamilton crafted Smith’s last look, the “Cotton Candy Dream,” by painting green and pink shades on the pop star’s hair poofs before adding pastel colors from Italy Hairfashion’s Colorly Xtreme and Colorly Hair Color. To keep the style in place, the poofs were sprayed with White Sands Stuck Up Mega Hold Hairspray. —Ivy Tan
Willow Smith’s Hairstyles in “Whip My Hair”
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins