To make your salon more environmentally friendly, there are small steps that you and your salon staff can take to benefit our environment. For Earth Day, April 22nd, try one or all of these ways to help preserve our earth:
- When providing guests with water, use purified water and glassware as opposed to disposable cups or plastic water bottles.
- Switch to energy efficient light bulbs.
- Only run full loads of washing machines and dishwashers and choose an Energy Star certified model.
- Use your best judgment when rinsing clients. Not every client needs to be rinsed twice.
- Provide iPads in the reception area with online subscriptions to fashion and trade magazines.
- Email receipts to your guests instead of providing a paper receipt.
Some of these tips are easy for everyone’s salon to participate in while others are more innovative and creative. Share these steps with your salon friends to help make going green an infectious, global act. For more information and sustainable tips, visit Pureology.com/globalgreen
Wendy Belanger is a member of Pureology’s Artistic Team. Along with creating seasonal trends for Pureology, Belanger has traveled the country styling celebrities backstage at awards shows. She is based in Calgary, Canada, where she owns Influence Salon.