Okay, I’ll admit it: If forced to choose sides in the Twilight debate, I’m totally on Team Jacob (Sorry R-Patz!). Needless to say, I was especially excited to see GQ‘s July issue, which features our favorite werewolf Taylor Lautner on its cover, just in time for next week’s premiere of the franchise’s newest installment, The Twighlight Saga: Eclipse. His “effortlessly cool, perfectly undone” hairstyle for the shoot was created by iconic hairstylist Oribe.
“This style is all about building cool texture,” says Oribe, who used several of his namesake products to achieve the desired look. “This combination of products makes the hair moldable, not hard.” Here’s how he did it:
- First, Oribe gave Taylor a slight trim to help his “heavy” hair texture work well with products.
- Starting with wet hair, Oribe combed through Original Pomade for control, volume and shine.
- He added Rock Hard Gel for flexible hold.
- Oribe finished with Rough Luxury for more hold, with softness and separation.
- When necessary, he combed just the front of Taylor’s hair to vary the look.