Yesterday at Lincoln Center, lead hairstylist for L’Oréal Professionnel Joseph DiMaggio was backstage at Timo Weiland creating a casually wavy hairstyle for the models that perfectly complemented the designer’s collection. “It was inspired by a girl who has an intense workweek and wants to get away for the weekend to the British countryside.,” he told [...]
It was all about muted pastels for the Spring 2013 Peter Som look this morning at Milk Studios for New York Fashion Week. Global Creative director for Wella Professionals Eugene Souleiman kept things funky, messy and flowing with long disheveled l
With a totally Asian-inspired, modern Fall 2012 collection Designer Bibhu Mohapatra looked to L’Oréal Professionnel Master Session Artist Amit Abraham to create a beautiful, sleek look fitting of the modern, sharp collection that featured lots of bo
The Marc Jacobs fall 2012 runway show created a mood that combined Victorian fairytale with cartoonish fun. The mad hatter fashion extravaganza mixed charm, innocence and enchantment as François Nars, founder of NARS Cosmetics said, “only Marc can
Completely breathtaking, girly and electrifying, the hair, makeup and nails for the Fall 2012 collection of Erin by Erin Fetherston was a dramatic and inspiring accent to Fetherston’s collection. The look was nature meets organic with an electric
At Peter Som’s fall 2012 show at Milk Studios, sleek minimalism permeated the hairstyles created by Eugene Souleiman, Wella Professionals Global Creative Director of Care & Styling. Atypical of the color that generally rules his shows, Souleima
The beauty look at Marc by Marc Jacobs was clean and simple to complement the bold colors of the spring collection. When Creative consultant for Redken Guido met with Jacobs to discuss the hair, the designer pointed to the various ponytails the hairs
According to Guido, creative consultant for Redken, Marc Jacobs’ spring 2011 features a sort of “twisted sophistication.” To complement that, Guido created a high horse-like ponytail that he described as “almost dominatrix-inspired” and “so perfe
For Peter Som’s fall 2011 collection, Eugene Souleiman for Wella Professionals created a undone updo inspired by a quirky 1960s housewife. “The starting point was a Tippi Hedren from Hitchcock’s The Birds,” Souleiman said. “But it’s like the bird
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...