On Sunday, December 9, in New York City, the salon industry is coming together for “Hairdressers Helping Hairdressers,” an industry event featuring a hair show and silent auction to raise awareness and money for hairdressers impacted by Hurricane Sandy. All ticket proceeds and donations from the event will benefit the Professional Beauty Association’s (PBA) Disaster [...]
American Salon readers have weighed in on their favorite and most trusted products, giving us this year’s Professional’s Choice Awards winners.
Salon Week, debuting on April 1 in participating Boston and New York City salons, gives business owners the perfect chance to show appreciation for loyal clients, retain former visitors and welcome new ones. From April 1 – 7 the first-ever salon ev
At this past ISSE, P&G Salon Professionals debuted a new exhibition format designed as a ‘masterclass’ set-up in which salon professionals could roam freely from platform to platform, experiencing education from each one of the company’s four b
Before hitting the town for Fashion’s Night Out, I stopped by Pipino 57, celebrity stylist Ric Pipino’s new Wella flagship salon, for a little primping. I was first given voluminous waves by Shalom Sharon, whom I had interviewed the day before at the
The results of the 2011 American Salon Professional’s Choice Awards are in! You, the reader, have voted for your favorite products in the beauty industry including haircare, tools, makeup and skincare. Here is a close-up look at all of the well-deser
The inaugural P&G Salon Professional Student Stylist Competition now has its finalists, and the lucky students from nine cosmetology schools across the country will compete at America’s Beauty Show in Chicago on Monday, March 14 at 1pm in booth 2
Hair for Narciso Rodriguez’s fall 2011 collection was causing a stir backstage with a much tougher, more rugged look than what we usually see from the designer. According to Eugene Souleiman, global creative director for Wella Professionals, the lo
Fashion retailer Express celebrated its 30th anniversary with a Vogue-sponsored party at Eyebeam Studio in New York City on May 20. The event, which was hosted by Chanel Iman, Caroline Trentini, Elettra Weidemann and Ed Westwick, featured a performan
Wella school students took the top two spots at the 2010 Sassoon Academy/School Connection (SASC) Cut and Color Contest at the ISSE Show in Long Beach earlier this year. Lydia Mikal from the Wella Signature School Bellus Academy, San Diego, C
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...