Year after year, the Costume Institute Benefit Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City brings together fashion’s elite to celebrate the museum’s latest exhibition in high style. This season highlighted PUNK: Chaos to Couture and stars brought out their best interpretation; some playing it safe with a quiet nod to the [...]
The Beauty Changes Lives (BCL) Foundation is helping the Vidal Sassoon legacy live on by funding education for the next generation of hairdressers; also a perfect way to commemorate the beauty icon’s passing one year ago today. “Vidal was a visio
Award season came to a glamorous close with the 2013 Academy Awards on Sunday; actresses pulled out all the stops with intricate updos and expansive, haute couture gowns. Here, we share some of our favorite hairstyles from the evening and how the cel
On March 11, Wella Professionals will host 24 finalists in this year’s Wella Student Competition at America’s Beauty Show (ABS). With almost 500 entries, the 3rd annual competition marks a record breaking year of entries from a total of 37 cosm
As soon as I stepped backstage at the Jeremy Scott Fall 2013 fashion show at Milk Studios in NYC, I was brought back to the ubiquitously cool punk rock era. The collection had the feel of the underground, rebellious youth of the late ‘80’s and ea
Sarah Jessica Parker looked uber cute on Wednesday as she stepped out for Barneys New York and Disney electric holiday window unveiling in New York City With a dre
Wella Professionals’ Mara Roszak gave Nikki Reed a low, structured bun for the premiere of “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2.”
It was all about muted pastels for the Spring 2013 Peter Som look this morning at Milk Studios for New York Fashion Week. Global Creative director for Wella Professionals Eugene Souleiman kept things funky, messy and flowing with long disheveled l
Jennifer Aniston Ian Michael Black, Aveda’s North American artistic director for color provided the formula using Aveda color for this sunlit Jennifer Aniston look on clients with level 6 hair color and old highlights: Formulas Aveda Enlightene
The Wella-UNICEF Making Waves auction kicked off on May 15 via the International Wella Professionals Facebook page. The charity auction features goods donated from renowned fashion designers such as Peter Som and Missoni as well as items donated
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...