The results of the 2011 American Salon Professional’s Choice Awards are in! You, the reader, have voted for your favorite products in the beauty industry including haircare, tools, makeup and skincare. Here is a close-up look at all of the well-deserving winners by category. Shampoo: Redken Color Extend Shampoo The Iconic Redken brand has [...]
Erin Fetherston’s signature style came through backstage at Milk Studios where Odile for TIGI invented a romantic chignon to go with the clothing line. “A very girly look is what Erin wanted, so we’re working with a lot of braids and baby hair,
For the Lake & Stars show, the designers wanted to portray a woman who was sexy–but for herself, not her boyfriend. “They wanted a hairstyle that was sexy cool, not sexy boudoir,” said Maria Kovacs, who, with Mario Iafrate, led the TIGI Creative
At the Jonathan Simkhai presentation, shown at The Griffin in the Meatpacking District, lead hairstylist for TIGI Cesar Ramirez was creating two different looks: roughed up side ponies and buns, some of which were tied up with dishrags. To get th
The inspiration behind the Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti show was a 1940s Hawaiian beauty pageant, with clothes and shoes featuring bright colors and fun, Asian-inspired prints. To complement the fashion, lead hairstylist Paul Hanlon for TIGI crea
TIGI’s Rockaholic-Bed Head Tour Bus made stop at GBS, The Beauty Store in West Boca, FL, as part of their “Livin’ the Dream” tour in June. More than 100 women, ages 10 to 65 years old, lined up for for complimentary style consultations and
TIGI is hitting the road with the new Rockaholic-Bed Head tour bus for the Livin’ the Dream Tour, running from March 19 to August 6, 2010. The bus, which was previously used by such rockers as Def Leopard, Jimmy Buffet, Poison and Bryan Adams, will b
Despite the snow falling on NYC today, I headed over to Stage 37 for the debut of Kim Kardashian’s line for bebe, part of Elle’s Style360 event. The hair and makeup were heavily inspired by the designer herself, with an effortless glamour that ga
My day started at the tents at Bryant Park today, where Yigal Azrouel was showing his fall ’10 collection at the Promenade. Lead stylist for Catwalk by TIGI Teddy Charles was creating a low looped ponytail he described as “easy chic” to work with the
In our January article on hair repair, we highlighted some of the main causes of damaged hair and suggested some products to help your clients maintain healthy hair at home. â€œFailure to use products designed to prevent or treat damage is a key
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...