Pumped electric nature was found throughout the hair, makeup, and clothes of design house Haus Alkire for its Fall 2012 collection. With cool lines and graphically awesome prints the designs of Julia Haus and Jason Alkire were well complemented with hair by TIGI Creative Director Nick Irwin and makeup by Lyne Desnoyers for MAC Cosmetics. [...]
The fall 2012 Vivienne Tam collection told the story of an adventurous girl on a “Mongolian journey.” The designer collaborated with TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin to create an “east meets west” hairstyle that would be the perfect fit f
This season Chriz Benz delivered his signature color-and-texture extravaganza. Full skirts pumped up with ample pleats and layers of tulle, cropped jackets either in fur or fuzzy wool and the ever-present bold prints made a definitive statement, but
Completely breathtaking, girly and electrifying, the hair, makeup and nails for the Fall 2012 collection of Erin by Erin Fetherston was a dramatic and inspiring accent to Fetherston’s collection. The look was nature meets organic with an electric
Entering the Mara Hoffman backstage makeup and hair room was exhilarating and the accompanying hair for the Mara Hoffman Fall 2012 Fashion Collection created by TIGI Creative Director Nick Irwin added some serious pow to the room. The look, said
Today I attended my very first men’s fashion show and my favorite to date (yes it does have something to do with the male models) where the Rag & Bone Men’s collection took center stage at Pier 57 NYC. Anthony Turner, lead stylist for TIGI
Backstage at the Kimberly Ovitz show, Eric Gomez, lead hairstylist for TIGI styled every girl with a look that was as individual as the clothing that they wore. The show was inspired by intelligent, independent women who embodied a warrior like sense
While the hair at J. Mendel is usually safe and pretty each season, Paul Hanlon for TIGI decided to mix things up for spring and give it a more rock ‘n’ roll feel. “It’s a little dangerous and very effortlessly cool,” Hanlon said of the grungy style.
At the Chris Benz show, the collection was part 1960′s lady and part trashy glam. Bold colors and chic prints were front and center, but backstage Nick Irwin and DJ Riggs, lead stylists for TIGI, ruled, drawing inspiration for hairstyles from the And
Paul Hanlon, lead stylist for TIGI, created a messy, wet-looking knotted ponytail for the models at Helmut Lang’s show, held at Pier 57. “It’s like a girl who’s been to a rock concert, pulled her hair into a knot and headed home,” he said. The sporty
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...