Knifes, blood, gore, straight jackets and straight up psychos were all the rage for The Blonds Fall/Winter 2013 show at Milk Studios as a part of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. In creating the collection, The Blonds, designers David and Phillipe Blond, were inspired by classic horror films, in particular old Hitchcok films and The Shining. For [...]
For the Fall/Winter 2013 Parkchoonmoon collection, Korean designer Demi Choonmoo Park was inspired by glaciers in the Arctic Sea. To exmplify the looks of the clothes, Choonmoon embraced neutrals of eggshell and light gray for the huge padded coats,
At The Standard Hotel in New York City Friday, TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin created druid-like hair for Katie Gallagher’s Narnia-inspired collection that was predominantly black and combined form-fitting and draped pieces. The hairstyl
Given the buzz and energy backstage at Mara Hoffman’s show at Lincoln Center today, you’d hardly know there was a major snowstorm the night before in New York City. Nick Irwin, lead stylist for Catwalk by TIGI, was busy creating a sophisticated gypsy
Design house Wildfox is into kitsch and class and decided for its fall/winter 2013 collection to take on the roaring 1920s, “ala The Great Gatsby” To pull of the look in the hair US Creative Director for TIGI, Heath Grout, styled most of the girls
This holiday season, hair care companies have so many great products and tools that we couldn’t fit them all in the October issue of American Salon (Page 72 and 73) so we present more great options for your salon here on the blog, just for you! —
American Salon readers have weighed in on their favorite and most trusted products, giving us this year’s Professional’s Choice Awards winners.
Inspired by a Vesper bat-like creature that resides on a Polynesian island, the look at Haus Alkire was an angelic, mysterious woman emerging from glorious, enchanting nature. To create a style representing this theme, Lead Stylist Marco Lafrate,
When designer Chris Benz told lead hairstylist Nick Irwin, TIGI creative director, his ideas for the hair for his spring 2013 collection, which included references to Japanese school girls, zombies and singer Tiny Tim, Irwin knew he had to get creati
The International Salon & Spa Expo (ISSE) Midwest show for licensed beauty professionals will return to the Chicago area at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL, November 4-5 Produced by the Professional Beauty Association
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Franco Gobbi Knots Hair for Acne Studios Resort Presentation June 12, 2013
- Join Dermalogica’s Exclusive “Futurescape” Symposium in Los Angeles on September 9th and 10th June 11, 2013
- Iconic Colorist Kim Vo Becomes the Newest Millennium Software Client June 5, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...