Lead hairstylist Devin Toth for Ted Gibson Salon created 60s-inspired textured chignons at Carmen Marc Valvo, shown at the NASDAQ building in Times Square. Toth created the look by applying Ted Gibson Build-it Blow Drying Agent on the hair before blow-drying, pulling the hair into a ponytail and wrapping the tail over the base to [...]
Texture was key from head to toe at Vena Cava’s show at Milk Studios today. Lead Hair Ted Gibson created ‘70s inspired buns for 29 models to highlight the soft, feminine silhouettes at the Vena Cava show at Milk Studios. Key to the look is the fu
Each year, the Costume Institute Benefit Gala at the Metropolitan Musuem of Art in NYC brings A-listers and style icons together for a night of high fashion and culture to highlight the institute’s newest exhibit. Last night’s celebration was no exce
For my final fashion show of the fall/winter 2010 season, I headed over to Bryant Park to see the stunning J. Mendel presentation. For the hair, Ted Gibson for L’Oreal Professionnel wanted to echo the designer’s clean lines and effortless sexiness.
Along with the fashion shows happening in Bryant Park and around the city, Fashion Week also provides a great time to connect with other editors, meet talented stylists and artists and discover new products. Over the weekend, I attended the 2nd annua
At the Carmen Marc Valvo show, held at the NASDAQ building in Times Square, guests like Ugly Betty’s Vanessa Williams and Ana Ortiz were treated to a collection inspired by the Chinese film Lust Caution. The movie, an espionage flick set in the 1940s
On the heels of Lotus’ post about her great experience with INOA, L’Oreal Professionnel’s much-buzzed-about new ammonia-free haircolor system, I wanted to post some pictures from the launch party!
We’ve been hearing (and writing) about L’Oreal Professionnel’s new ammonia-free color system, INOA, for a while now, so we were so excited to finally get a sneak peek at the product yesterday. L’Oreal Professionnel executives, along with the fabu
In an effort to aid relief efforts in Haiti following the devastating earthquake there earlier this month, Phyto organized a benefit event last night that raised nearly $2,000 for the cause. The event, held at Phyto Universe in Manhattan, featured a
The latest drink showing up in celebrity’s hands is Hint, pure water that’s accented with just a hint of natural flavorsâ€”without any sugar or artificial sweeteners. Famous fans include Miley Cyrus, Lauren Conrad from MTV’s The Hills, AnnaLynne
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...