For Betsey Johnson‘s Fall 2013 comeback collection of whimsical gymwear, models and the designer staged an aerobics class down the runway at Lincoln Center Monday evening. Rodney Cutler, lead stylist for Redken, took a night off from coifed red carpet ‘dos and played with theatrical wigs and texture to create a style to match the [...]
Fantasy Street Style was the name of the game at the Alice + Olivia presentation at the Highline Stages Monday. Moroccanoil Artistic Director Antonio Corral Calero entwined messy French braids for a sophisticated and playful updo, using braided exten
Lela Rose’s spring 2013 collection was inspired by the art of painter Jim Hodges; to complement the tk fashions, lead hairstylist Ted Gibson created a knotted updo that was “a little bit uptown and a little bit downtown.” To get the look, Gibso
What happens before clothes hit the runway? Once Stacey Bendet had perfected this season’s romantically edgy Alice +Olivia collection, she still had a lot of work to do in preparation of its display at New York Fashion Week. After choosing which
Designer Stacey Bendet chose a Secret Garden theme for her spring 2012 fashion week presentation, referencing the patterns and colors of Palm Beach in the 1960s and adding in a touch of ’40s sophistication. To complement her designs, lead stylist T
Rebecca Minkoff is one of my favorite designers, so I was especially excited to learn that one of my favorite hairstylists, curly hair guru Ouidad, was doing the hair for her show. The theme for the collection was “urban gypsy,” and Ouidad complement
During Fashion Week, I stopped by the RV/FW10 Fashion Week Retreat, hosted by stylist Robert Verdi at his Manhattan Luxe Laboratory. After getting pampered with a blowout from Michele Capua, a hairstylist at NYC’s Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa, a mani
It’s hard not to have fun at the Betsey Johnson show. Between the colorful balloons, inspirational posters and artwork and bowls of candy, everyone backstage joins in on Betsey’s party (and if they don’t, they will once she tosses a handful of ro
Editorial hairstylist and salon owner Davide Torchio was selected to do the hair for fashion designer Cynthia Rowley’s latest film, Hide and Seek, which played in New York City taxicab TVs throughout Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and can still be se
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...