For the first time, Marc by Marc Jacobs showed at Lincoln Center last night, where Redken Creative Consultant Guido was on hand backstage creating a “fluffy, wavy ‘do” that referenced the 1940s. To get the look, Guido prepped the hair with Redken Guts 10 root targeted volumizing spray foam, then blow-dried it. Next, he created [...]
The oversized knitted hats designed by Scott Sternberg provided a cohesive element in his Band of Outsiders womenswear Fall 2013 collection, bringing together a mix of polka dot and plaid prints, knitted sweaters and ankle-skimming dresses. These nav
Scott Sternberg, designer of the brand Band Of Outsiders has a thing for the controversial Japanese military thriller Battle Royale from director Kinji Fukasaku, so much so that the film served as inspiration for his Spring 2013 collection that featu
The hair was sleek and sassy for the Marc by Marc Jacobs show, hair done by Redken Creative Consultant Guido for Redken. With a deep side part the hair was slicked neatly back into a low pony that Guido said was designed to be simple and elegant.
The beauty look at Marc by Marc Jacobs was clean and simple to complement the bold colors of the spring collection. When Creative consultant for Redken Guido met with Jacobs to discuss the hair, the designer pointed to the various ponytails the hairs
An urban oasis was created under The High Line in NYC, where the 2012 Band of Outsiders spring collection hit the runway. Didier Malige, lead hair stylist for Aveda, created two looks that were called the boy-girl look and the girl-girl look. The
Hair for Narciso Rodriguez’s fall 2011 collection was causing a stir backstage with a much tougher, more rugged look than what we usually see from the designer. According to Eugene Souleiman, global creative director for Wella Professionals, the lo
Guido, creative consultant for Redken, described the urban, punky updos he created for the Reed Krakoff show as a “pumped up version of what girls do to their hair.” To create the look, Guido prepped the hair with Redken Guts 10 to add texture, pulle
The spring 2011 Marc by Marc Jacobs collection featured vivid colors and patterns, and the beauty looks were just as bold. Guido Palau for Redken gave the models fun, frizzy curls with half-ponytails swept over to the side. “People think of wild curl
The beauty look at Marc by Marc Jacobs was fresh out of bed and slightly undone. For the hair, key stylist for Redken Guido used Fabricate 03, then dried the hair with his hands, letting the natural texture come through. “It’s very simple, a little g
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...