This past Monday at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival, To The Wonder actress Rachel McAdams wore an emerald green Elie Saab gown complemented by a French twist hair ’do styled by celebrity hairstylist Thomas Dunkin for Sebastian Professional. American Salon received all the details on how to recreate this simple yet sexy look. —Aja [...]
To complement Mara Hoffman’s tropical, Peruvian-inspired collection, Lead Hairstylist Thomas Dunkin for Sebastian Professional collaborated with the designer to come up with a look full of multi-dimensional texture and shine that gave off a luxurio
Come October, salons are getting on board to help spread awareness and raise money for breast cancer, which is the leading cancer among women in the United States. Get ready to show your support by stocking your retail area and equipping your salon w
On April 15 in Berlin, Sebastian Professional named stylist Zheng Fei from Shanghai, China, the 2012 What’s Next Challenge winner for his “Stardust” style. Amanda Stone from Tampa, Florida, won Beauty Junkie honors for her look titled “Modern
It’s Tuesday again, which means class is in session for part three of our summer haircare series. On the agenda: deep conditioning options for severe “vacation hair” victims. For seriously stressed manes, offer these restorative treatments to help nu
In the May issue of American Salon, we feature fabulous products you can suggest to your clients for the array of issues they’re about to encounter in the upcoming months. As promised, we are prepared to keep you in-the-know all month long with t
One of the fashion industry’s most popular brands, Alice + Olivia, recently paired up with Sebastian Professional to create a limited edition gift set for salon retail. The gift set includes Sebastian’s Drench Shampoo and Conditioner and a
Last week Senior Editor Jolene Turner and I attended a launch event for Sebastian Professional at a swank space in Rockerfeller Center. The event celebrated the release of three new additions to Sebastian’s shine collection—Shine Crafter moldable w
Salon Week, debuting on April 1 in participating Boston and New York City salons, gives business owners the perfect chance to show appreciation for loyal clients, retain former visitors and welcome new ones. From April 1 – 7 the first-ever salon ev
What happens before clothes hit the runway? Once Stacey Bendet had perfected this season’s romantically edgy Alice +Olivia collection, she still had a lot of work to do in preparation of its display at New York Fashion Week. After choosing which
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...