Designer Stacey Bendet for Alice + Olivia channeled the late-1950s as inspiration for her new spring 2013 collection that centered around “uplifting American optimism.” She wanted the collection to “epitomize the classic feminism of the mid-century American dream—bold, sexy and smart” and she achieved this vision through full skirt silhouettes, corsets and bustiers, stylishly cropped [...]
What happens before clothes hit the runway? Once Stacey Bendet had perfected this season’s romantically edgy Alice +Olivia collection, she still had a lot of work to do in preparation of its display at New York Fashion Week. After choosing which
Designer Stacey Bendet chose a Secret Garden theme for her spring 2012 fashion week presentation, referencing the patterns and colors of Palm Beach in the 1960s and adding in a touch of ’40s sophistication. To complement her designs, lead stylist T
Rebecca Minkoff is one of my favorite designers, so I was especially excited to learn that one of my favorite hairstylists, curly hair guru Ouidad, was doing the hair for her show. The theme for the collection was “urban gypsy,” and Ouidad complement
It’s hard not to have fun at the Betsey Johnson show. Between the colorful balloons, inspirational posters and artwork and bowls of candy, everyone backstage joins in on Betsey’s party (and if they don’t, they will once she tosses a handful of ro
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...