Robert Talty, celeb hair designer, styled Sky Ferreira’s high-volume, beachy waves on the set of the music video for her song “One.” “I wanted to create long-lasting volume with soft movement, while bringing out the natural texture,” Talty said. To create the look, Talty applied René Furterer Volumea Leave-In Volumizing Foam evenly through Ferreira’s wet [...]
On Wednesday night, the American Salon team attended an exclusive, advanced screening of Sex and the City 2 hosted by René Furterer for beauty editors and salon owners at Cinema 1, 2, 3 in Manhattan. In true Sex and the City style, we were welcomed
Costa Rica native Debi Nova is the latest singing sensation to foray into the U.S. music scene, and celebrity hairstylist Christian Marc shows us how he created the singer’s lustrous, loose waves. First, Marc prepped the hair by cutting lots of
René Furterer will join Cori Bardo, celebrity hairstylist and Beyond Shelter advocate, at Big Sunday Weekend in Los Angeles on May 1 and 2 to combat poverty and homelessness. The Big Sunday event draws thousands of volunteers together every year to
René Furterer just held an event to celebrate the launch of the Acanthe Perfect Curls line in San Francisco at diPietro Todd Salons Academy, René Furterer’s West coast training partner. The line, consisting of Acanthe Perfect Curls Curl-Enhancing S
Stylist Creighton Bowman used René Furterer products to give Best Actress nominee Helen Mirren a regal updo for the Academy Awards. “I wanted Helen’s hair to be a classic homage to Brigitte Bardot while also complimenting her silver Badgley Mi
Luxury hair care brand Rene Furterer has a new Premier Club rewards program for 2010, which allows salons to earn monthly back bar redemption, technical academy participation, in-salon education and free shipping. The program features four different
Glee star Lea Michele’s hair hit all the right notes at the Golden Globes. Her sophisticated updo was a throwback to vintage Hollywood—and even withstood the rain on the red carpet. To create the elegant twist, NYC-based stylist Miok, of Judy Casey
Hel-lo, Ms. Richmond! Jessica Lucas, who stars as elementary school teacher Riley Richmond in Melrose Place, vamped up her tresses for a recent photo shoot. A far cry from her character’s good girl image, Lucas’ sexy-meets-messy look was the work o
In our January article on hair repair, we highlighted some of the main causes of damaged hair and suggested some products to help your clients maintain healthy hair at home. â€œFailure to use products designed to prevent or treat damage is a key
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...