Guido Palau, lead stylist for Redken, was masterful backstage at the fall 2012 Diesel show. He created a look that was part ingénue, part 1960’s and part tomboy. He started out by using Redken Full Frame Mousse throughout the hair for volume and texture. Letting it dry naturally or drying it very casually he parted [...]
The Marc Jacobs fall 2012 runway show created a mood that combined Victorian fairytale with cartoonish fun. The mad hatter fashion extravaganza mixed charm, innocence and enchantment as François Nars, founder of NARS Cosmetics said, “only Marc can
At the fall 2012 Alexander Wang show the collection was all about texture, with leather and tweed taking the spotlight. Not to take away from the drama of the look, Guido Palau, lead hairstylist for Redken, chose to create hairstyles that were si
As the new senior editor here at American Salon, today I got the chance to attend my first ever fashion show and I was beyond excited! I went behind-the-scenes of Rag & Bone with hair done by Redken Creative Consultant Guido and makeup by Revlon
American Salon/Redken Runway Reinvention contest-winner Liubov Rachmanina won a trip to New York City to have dinner with the American Salon editorial team, shop at Redken’s 5th Avenue store and meet Redken Creative Consultant Guido for breakfast. He
In our January 2012 issue, Redken Creative Consultant for Color Tracey Cunningham predicted three haircolor trends based on the looks of three current hot celebs: Emily Blunt, Isla Fisher and Emma Stone. Here, she shares the formulas to get the looks
Last week, American Salon/Redken Runway Reinvention contest-winner Liubov (Liubi) Rachmanina flew to New York City to have dinner with the American Salon editorial team, shop the Redken 5th Avenue store and have breakfast with Redken Creative Consult
Tracey Cunningham, Redken creative consultant for color, was awarded the Colorist of the Year Award onstage at the 2011 Hollywood Style Awards. The ceremony celebrated the trendsetters in fashion and honored celebrities, influencers and style elite.
Learn your favorite haircolor tips and tricks from renowned industry expert and Redken Haircolor consultant, David Stanko. David will be live on the Redken Break room on November 15th from 10am-4pm EST chatting about his new favorites from Redken, hi
The results are in for the winners of the Redken/American Salon Runway Reinvention Contest! Contestants were asked to use Redken products to recreate the ‘6os-inspired French pleat Redken Creative Consultant Guido styled for the fall 2011 Bottega
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...