Backstage at Cynthia Rowley’s spring ’10 show, lead stylist Bok-Hee for Redken told me she wanted the models hairstyles to make them look like “girls who were perfect but went renegade.” The look, a looped ponytail with rolled bangs in front, had a modern rockabilly feel. To create the style, Bok-Hee first blow-dried the hair [...]
The glamorous nightclub space M2 was the setting for Cesar Galindo’s dramatic show, which featured brightly colored dresses, many embellished with architectural curves and ruffles. Holli Smith for Redken chose to keep hair simple, styling the mod
Thomas Scott Salon and Spa, a Redken Elite Salon located in Fredrick, MD, celebrated its 25th anniversary with performances by the Fredrick Divas and by hosting a Hair and Nail Competition recently to benefit Heartly House, a foundation that serves c
A lot of hairdressers would like to travel the world educating other stylists. Working with Redken, I have the opportunity to do this frequently, and I would certainly encourage any talented cutter or colorist t
Here come the brides, and along with them, photographers, videographers and a slew of snap-happy friends. For photos that look great and stand the test of time, what every bride needs is hair with dimension and shine. For this to happen, even
Salon branding is often the key to building clientele and attracting top stylists. Building the Cutler/Redken Salon name as a brand has allowed us to reach new heights, achieve longevity and imprint our name in the toughest marketplaces. The right mi
As part of its ongoing Professional Edge Webinar Series, Redken will present “Best Client Practices of Top 20 Stylists” on Monday, July 6 at 6:00pm EST. The webinar will be led by Michael Cole, founder and president of Salon Development Corporation,
Redkenâ€™s Professional Edge Webinar Series, which offers tips by top industry leaders in business and personal growth education, launches â€œReinventing Your Space For Increased Profitabilityâ€ by Peter Millard on Monday, June 22 at 6:
Redken’s Professional Edge Webinar Series, which offers tips by top industry leaders in business and personal growth education, launches “Reinventing Your Space For Increased Profitability” by Peter Millard on Monday, June 22 at 6:00pm EST. Le
As part of its ongoing Professional Edge Webinar Series, which offers monthly tips for business-building and professional growth, Redken will debut “Conquering Retailphobia with Kristi Valenzuela” on Monday, June 8, at 6pm EST. Understand t
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...