In our January article on hair repair, we highlighted some of the main causes of damaged hair and suggested some products to help your clients maintain healthy hair at home. â€œFailure to use products designed to prevent or treat damage is a key factor in distressed hair,â€ says Dennis Clendennen, Aveda session stylist and owner [...]
Creating customized color and a signature style means partnering with clients to achieve a deeper emotional connection. Did your gossiping-girl radar just go off? Thatâ€™s not the kind of connection Iâ€™m talking about. The best consultatio
In a new video on his website, Redken Platform Artist of the Year Sam Villa talks about where he sees the direction of hair heading. Check it out! (If the above link doesn’t work, visit http://samvilla.com/education.php?id_cat=13&id_subcat=67
Here, the last of our three-part holiday series. Phyto Coveted Collection Includes: Phyto 7, Phytoedfrisant, Phytomist, Phytovolume actif and Phytolisse Price: $60 phyto.com Profound Holiday Style Kit: Desert Volume Includes: Hush Friz
Just a quick reminder that you only have until October 31 to send in your entries for the Redken Runway Reinvention contest. Reinterpret the look seen here and you could win a trip to NYC and the chance to style an American Salon photo shoot! For mor
In desperate need of a color update and cut yesterday, I headed to the new Pepper Pastor Salon in Manhattan’s historic Southstreet Seaport neighborhood, where co-owner and stylist extraordinaire Pepper Pastor whipped my ‘do into shape. I was so i
The best DJs keep everyone on the dance floor with their mixes, and House Color Mix Masters can produce a salon parallelâ€”if they skip extended play. When it comes to the permanent color beat, I advise sticking to the two-tube rule. Often, tri-
Redken Creative Consultant Guido created the above look for the fall ’09 Prada show in Milanâ€”think you can reinvent it into something a little more wearable for your clients? If so, you’ll want to enter Redken’s Runway Reinvention Styling
As the Artistic Director at Tearsheet, I know how difficult natural curls can be to style perfectly â€“ whether our team is styling a model on-set, training students in our classes or enhancing ringlets under time crunches backstage at Fashion W
Backstage at Cynthia Rowley’s spring ’10 show, lead stylist Bok-Hee for Redken told me she wanted the models hairstyles to make them look like “girls who were perfect but went renegade.” The look, a looped ponytail with rolled bangs in front, had a m
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...