I was really excited to be back in Asia recently, educating there for Redken for the first time in seven years. I was in Taiwan, presenting to 400 hairdressers in a theater just outside of Taipei. The local crew put in a lot of effort to get the staging just right. When I walked in, [...]
Current and incoming students of franchise locations of The Salon Professional Academy (TSPA) are encouraged to apply for a scholarship courtesy of Redken and the TSPA. In celebration of Redken’s 50th Anniversary in 2010, ten salon professionals wi
To help salons promote the new Redken age-defying products, Color Fusion and Time Reset, Redken will launch a special Web page on redken.com with discounts and salon promotions for consumers in August and September. This is an opportunity for sal
Heather Washburn of Heather’s Hair Design in Spokane, WA, recently got the opportunity to work on an American Salon shoot for our April issue after winning Redken’s Runway Reinvention contest, for which she reinterpreted the hairstyle Redken Crea
The beauty look at Marc by Marc Jacobs was fresh out of bed and slightly undone. For the hair, key stylist for Redken Guido used Fabricate 03, then dried the hair with his hands, letting the natural texture come through. “It’s very simple, a little g
Last night I braved the crowds at the New York State Armory to get a glimpse of the backstage preparations for Marc Jacobs’ fall ’10 show. I caught up first with lead hairstylist Guido, creative consultant for Redken, who told me the first thing
The Chris Benz fall ’10 show featured brightly colored pieces in a rainbow of shades, many adorned with sparkling crystals and beads or vibrantly hued fur accents. The hair look, created by John Ruidant, lead stylist for Redken, was equally playf
The inspiration for the fall 2010 Twinkle show was fairytale-like haunted romance, a theme that carried over to the hair and nails as well. John Ruidant for Redken described the updo he created as “woodsy, playful and gothic” with a lot of product to
At the Alexander Wang show at Pier 94, Redken lead stylist Guido gave the models an exaggerated hairstyle that was “super cool, grungy and tomboy-ish.” Forceful 23 was the main ingredient in this look, which featured a low side part, natural texture
Some say it all started with Victoria Beckhamâ€™s debut of her pixie cut at the Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2009 Fashion Show. Now you canâ€™t go anywhere without seeing short, piecey styles on womenâ€”from the streets of New York to the
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...