Cutler Salon, longtime partner of Redken, will now also offer haircare products from Pureology, the professional line specially formulated with the AntiFadeComplex to preserve color-treated locks. Providing the full line from Pureology allows clients to brighten and condition hair of all textures from shampoo to finishing at home between appointments. Also on Cutler Salon [...]
The show was Marc Jacobs and the look was Joan Jett meets Marianne Faithfull meets punk rock chic— with the help of Redken Creative Consultant Guido and Francois Nars, founder and creative director of Nars Cosmetics, the look was achieved. Shown
Diesel Black Gold filled the runway on Pier 57 on Tuesday with hardware-laden leather, treated wool curve-skimming separates and embellishments that oozed cool. Designer Andreas Melbostad, known for his black body-con pieces, put his talents to good
For Betsey Johnson’s Fall 2013 comeback collection of whimsical gymwear, models and the designer staged an aerobics class down the runway at Lincoln Center Monday evening. Rodney Cutler, lead stylist for Redken, took a night off from coifed red carpe
For the first time, Marc by Marc Jacobs showed at Lincoln Center last night, where Redken Creative Consultant Guido was on hand backstage creating a “fluffy, wavy ‘do” that referenced the 1940s. To get the look, Guido prepped the hair with Redken Gut
Just like seasons past, Redken Creative Consultant Guido was tapped once again to deliver an edgy New York City look to the hair that translates to the Rag & Bone design aesthetic. To do this Guido created a funky knot with a deep side part f
To help get Amy Poehler ready for hosting the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards, Tracey Cunningham, Redken creative consultant for color, updated her color, taking her from a single-process blonde to multidimensional highlights so her color would s
Redken invites you to join their Take 5 Live Chat with David Stanko this Wednesday, November 7. Topics will include Chromatics and SEQ, Stanko’s Formula Boss guide, holiday hair and business building.
In our November issue, Redken Creative Consultant for Color and celebrity colorist Tracey Cunningham shared her color trends for the season. Here, she shares the formula for Gwyneth Paltrow’s brilliant blonde shade: 1. Soften the base with equal p
This holiday season, hair care companies have so many great products and tools that we couldn’t fit them all in the October issue of American Salon (Page 72 and 73) so we present more great options for your salon here on the blog, just for you! —
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...