As the new senior editor here at American Salon, today I got the chance to attend my first ever fashion show and I was beyond excited! I went behind-the-scenes of Rag & Bone with hair done by Redken Creative Consultant Guido and makeup by Revlon Global Artistic Director Gucci Westman. Having just returned from Milan, [...]
Natural, effortless, beauty was the theme at the Spring 2012 Rag & Bone fashion show. Guido, the lead hairstylist for Redken, wanted to create his own version of the “mid-nineties British rave culture” with simple yet glamorous styles.
Downtown at the Rag + Bone show in SoHo, amid the cacophony of hairdryers and a team of twenty stylists, Guido was creating hair that was simple, youthful and playful which helped to offset the texture of Rag & Bone’s 2011 Winter collection w
For the Rag & Bone show, held in NYC’s Meatpacking District, the look was both sexy and a little rugged, inspired by a traveler who has just finished a long journey. “It looks kinda wrong, but also kinda right,” said Guido, lead stylist for Redke
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...