Becoming an eco-friendly salon can seem like a daunting task, but these salons—seen in “It’s Easy Being Green” in our April issue—have more to share about how they took the plunge. Stephanie Schmidt, Verde Salon, Chandler, AZ: Stephanie Schmidt, an Organic Salon Systems Certified Colorist and Trainer, has also certified each of her stylists; they’re [...]
Cutler Salon, longtime partner of Redken, will now also offer haircare products from Pureology, the professional line specially formulated with the AntiFadeComplex to preserve color-treated locks. Providing the full line from Pureology
This holiday season, hair care companies have so many great products and tools that we couldn’t fit them all in the October issue of American Salon (Page 72 and 73) so we present more great options for your salon here on the blog, just for you! —
American Salon readers have weighed in on their favorite and most trusted products, giving us this year’s Professional’s Choice Awards winners.
Come October, salons are getting on board to help spread awareness and raise money for breast cancer, which is the leading cancer among women in the United States. Get ready to show your support by stocking your retail area and equipping your salon w
As an editor in this industry, and based in New York City, I often get the wonderful opportunity of checking out all the hot salons of the city. A few weeks ago I got such a chance when I was invited to Rare, a cutting-edge salon in New York City’s T
Hopefully, you’ve already warned clients against the potential for sunshine to leave locks dehydrated and brittle, but don’t forget to mention that overly aggressive shampooing routines can also strip hair of its natural moisture. That being said, ul
In continuation with our Eco Briefs series honoring April as Earth Month, American Salon complied a list of eco-friendly products that are great for the environment and for clients. Take notes and then stock up to save your clients from harsh chemica
As part of our month long blog series, Eco Briefs, celebrating April as Earth Month, we’ve reached out to companies that maintain an eco-lifestyle year-round to get some easy tips for keeping green in the beauty industry. Hair care company Pureo
Pureology enlisted its stylist to lead the Eco-Chic Fashion Show hair team at Global Green USA’s 7th Annual Gorgeous and Green Benefit in San Francisco, to celebrate a night of fashion and passion for green initiatives .Pureology,
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...