Eric Kim’s manned up Mik Cire line featuring more street and grungy vibes for Spring served muse for Lead Hair for Phyto Sean James and ‘90s inspired hair. Key products for the range of looks were Phyto Professional Fiber Paste, Workable Holding Spray, Phytolaque Hair Spray and Glossing Cream. —Jennifer Barnes
At the Costello Tagliapietra show, lead artist Nelson Velcher and the rest of his team from the Rita Hazan Salon in NYC, created a formal chignon with a modern twist. “This style is a throwback to ‘the lady’,” Velcher said. “A time when women used to
The indefatigable Odile Gilbert was at it again backstage at 3.1 Phillip Lim, this time creating Blondie-inspired rock ‘n’ roll hair as lead stylist for Phyto. To produce fluffy curls, Gilbert applied Phyto Professional Intense Volume mousse,
Along with the fashion shows happening in Bryant Park and around the city, Fashion Week also provides a great time to connect with other editors, meet talented stylists and artists and discover new products. Over the weekend, I attended the 2nd annua
Being at the Victor de Souza show was like stepping into the future–or onto another planet. Inspired by the shape of the designer’s couture clothes, lead stylist Danilo for Phyto created a “sculptural updo with a dramatic silhouette. ” Because man
At Catherine Malandrino’s fall ’10 show, the clothes had an urban Mongolian and Tibetan feeling, which inspired lead stylist for Phyto Odile Gilbert to create rough-textured ponytails on top of the head using Phyto Professional Intense Volume Mou
At the Andy & Debb show at Bryant Park, the design duo’s highly textured collection was complemented by hair and makeup that really let the clothes take center stage. The hair, created by David Cruz for Phyto, was very clean and simple, insp
When David Cruz for Phyto first viewed Elise Overland’s Fall 2010 collection, he saw it as “very strong, very powerful.” To soften the overall look, he decided to create a loose chignon-like updo. The front of the hair had a bit of height, which Cruz
In an effort to aid relief efforts in Haiti following the devastating earthquake there earlier this month, Phyto organized a benefit event last night that raised nearly $2,000 for the cause. The event, held at Phyto Universe in Manhattan, featured a
In our January article on hair repair, we highlighted some of the main causes of damaged hair and suggested some products to help your clients maintain healthy hair at home. â€œFailure to use products designed to prevent or treat damage is a key
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...