The buzzword at Derek Lam’s Fall/Winter 2013 show was “bohemian minimalism,” and clothes featured structure with silhouettes and texture for an overall casual but luxurious quality. Stationed in the back rooms of the Sean Kelly Gallery, Orlando Pita for Phyto followed suit for the hair, which he described as “a graphic shape with some fuzziness.” [...]
No two hair looks were the same at Diane von Furstenberg’s spring 2013 show. Lead stylist for Phyto Orlando Pita created individual styles for each model ranging from tight curls to pin-straight locks based on their hair type, cut or personal style.
The Fred Segal Salon in Santa Monica, California has recently undertaken an extensive renovation, and with a new partnership with botanical brand PHYTO Hair Care, the salon now features its first ever Blow Dry Lounge. The new Blow Dry Lounge h
Major beauty industry players Malibu C, KMS California, Goldwell, Paul Mitchell and Phyto joined award-winning actress and philanthropist Jane Seymour and her husband, director, producer and writer, James Keachon, at their private residence in Malibu
The inspiration behind Diane Von Furstenberg’s fall 2012 collection was surrealism. She wanted to capture a sense of juxtaposition described by lead hairstylist of the show, Orlando Pita, as “the difference between a meeting and a rendezvous.
Lead stylist for Phyto Orlando Pita found his hair inspiration for Derek Lam’s spring show, held at the Stage at Lincoln Center, from Richard Neutra, an architect famous for his geometric structures. Pita achieved the low ponytail in only a f
Botanical hair care experts Phyto is teaming up with celebrity stylist Yves Durif of his namesake salon to offer eco-chic beauty at the new eco-conscious, music-and-yoga-themed Wanderlust festival, will be held from June 23 to June 26 at the Stratton
In true Hollywood style, hairstylist Andy Lecompte created a soft, classic look to complement Megan Fox’s elegant one-strap gown.To achieve her voluminous waves, Lecompte prepped Fox’s hair with Phyto Professional Intense Volume Mousse before blo
At Odd Molly’s whimsical show at Lincoln Center, lead hairstylist for Phyto Brent Lowler infused side-swept braids with a flash of color by weaving one of 10 different shades of extensions into the hair, from watermelon pink to lilac to dusty blue. L
The 3.1 Phillip Lim spring 2011 collection was inspired by the female dandy. For the hair, “Philip wanted something very easy, a style models could do themselves,” said Odile Gilbert, lead stylist for Phyto, who created a messy chignon with a twisted
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...