In today’s competitive economy the use of social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter are vital to a company’s success. It is in the best interest of professional beauty brands to develop a social media marketing strategy when showcasing their company’s brand and products at trade shows. With that in mind, the Professional Beauty Association [...]
Actor, producer and entertainment journalist Mario Lopez will host the Professional Beauty Association’s (PBA) 2013 North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA) Ceremony. Additionally, Lopez will receive the 2013 PBA Beautiful Humanitarian Award for his
The Professional Beauty Association is pleased to offer a FREE web series to help salons and professionals conquer their social media presence. Don’t miss the next session in our “Serious Social Networking” web series! Facebook for Business | Is I
Following the tragic Azana Salon & Spa shooting in Wisconsin this October, more than 80 Milwaukee area salons and spas will participate in a fundraising effort on November 13 to support victims and raise awareness of domestic violence.
In the wake of hurricane Sandy, the Professional Beauty Association PBA Disaster Relief Fund is seeking donations to relieve beauty professionals whose careers, businesses and lives have been affected by the storm. All donations will go directly
Yesterday brought sad news of another case of domestic violence and one that hits yet again into the salon/spa community. Our hearts go out to the families and friends of the victims of the shooting at Azana Day Spa in Brookfield, Wisconsin. Hav
The PBA has announced that Schwarzkopf & Henkel, manufacturer of Smooth ‘N Shine, will sponsor the 2013 Smooth ‘N Shine Cosmetology Scholarship. With a grand prize of up to $25,000 and ten $1,000 scholarships available, students currently in h
The International Salon & Spa Expo (ISSE) Midwest show for licensed beauty professionals will return to the Chicago area at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL, November 4-5 Produced by the Professional Beauty Association
The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) is set to launch its new one-day Regional Salon Summits across the United States starting this fall. Created to help salon owners and beauty professionals elevate their business, careers and the beauty indust
One of the winners of Redken’s Road to NAHA (North American Hairstyling Awards) contest, Jasmine Gibbs of Jazz It Up NYC salon in Brooklyn, NY, has been selected as a NAHA 2012 finalist. To enter the Road to NAHA contest, Gibbs had to create a
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...