Paul Hanlon, lead hairstylist for Moroccanoil, took a departure for the hair look at Vera Wang from seasons past. “It’s not as elaborate this time,” he told me. “It’s younger and fresh, and texture is key.” To achieve the look, Hanlon prepped damp hair with Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse and new Heat Styling Protection before [...]
Pier 57 was the steamy setting to see the Spring 2013 collection of Prabal Gurung; and while the space was indeed melty hot, the beauty of the clothes made one instantly forget about the heat. Prabal Gurung’s overall theme was simply of floating
Designers Justin Thornton and Thea Bregazzi created a vintage revival of sorts with the Preen fall 2012 collection, which they said, “harkens back to the 60’s couture silhouette and color blocking.” Inspired to create a carefree woman who captu
While the hair at J. Mendel is usually safe and pretty each season, Paul Hanlon for TIGI decided to mix things up for spring and give it a more rock ‘n’ roll feel. “It’s a little dangerous and very effortlessly cool,” Hanlon said of the grungy style.
This year’s Preen spring show at the IAC building was all about Victorian-era inspiration combined with a modern edge, from ruffled collars on patchwork patterned clothing to precise and elegant hair. Soft pastels and Japanese floral prints swept
The inspiration behind the Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti show was a 1940s Hawaiian beauty pageant, with clothes and shoes featuring bright colors and fun, Asian-inspired prints. To complement the fashion, lead hairstylist Paul Hanlon for TIGI crea
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...