At Carolina Herrera’s show at the tents at Lincoln Center this morning, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Orlando Pita of Orlo Salon created a 1940s-style rolled updo that perfectly complemented the romantic collection. “I updated it for today by making it smaller to the head,” he told me. To get the look, Pita prepped the hair [...]
The buzzword at Derek Lam’s Fall/Winter 2013 show was “bohemian minimalism,” and clothes featured structure with silhouettes and texture for an overall casual but luxurious quality. Stationed in the back rooms of the Sean Kelly Gallery, Orlando
There was no period reference for the sleek, straight looks Orlando Pita, lead stylist for Moroccanoil, created for Carolina Herrera’s spring 2013 show. To achieve the chic, modern style, Pita added extensions as needed to create a uniform length, ap
No two hair looks were the same at Diane von Furstenberg’s spring 2013 show. Lead stylist for Phyto Orlando Pita created individual styles for each model ranging from tight curls to pin-straight locks based on their hair type, cut or personal style.
Check out this video that gives you backstage access to the hairstyling showcased at Derek Lam’s Fall/Winter Collection debut at Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week. Crafted by Orlando Pita using a T3 SinglePass Whirl and the new Evolution LongLife
Backstage for the Carolina Herrera preshow hair and makeup, the energy was buzzing as creating any look for Ms. Herrera is done with great care and respect. The highlight during the beautiful creations was when Ms. Herrera gently popped in the ro
The inspiration behind Diane Von Furstenberg’s fall 2012 collection was surrealism. She wanted to capture a sense of juxtaposition described by lead hairstylist of the show, Orlando Pita, as “the difference between a meeting and a rendezvous.
Lead stylist for Phyto Orlando Pita found his hair inspiration for Derek Lam’s spring show, held at the Stage at Lincoln Center, from Richard Neutra, an architect famous for his geometric structures. Pita achieved the low ponytail in only a f
To complement Vera Wang’s new collection, which features a mix of structured and flowy designs, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Orlando Pita created a hair look that was both architectural and fluid at the same time. “The contrast of different textures
At the Derek Lam show, Orlando Pita for T3 created a super-straight “schoolgirl hairstyle” that looked like a classic half-ponytail minus the elastic or barrette holding it in place. Pita blow-dried the hair with the T3 Evolution dryer, then flat-iro
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...