For Creatures of the Wind‘s Fall/Winter 2013 show for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, it was all about natural waves, a strong, but quiet existence and super funky nails—all to coicide with a collection that was inspired by the Memphis Design Movement and “Teddy Girls.” Odile Gilbert did the hair for Kerastase and created a cool look [...]
Erin Fetherston’s signature style came through backstage at Milk Studios where Odile for TIGI invented a romantic chignon to go with the clothing line. “A very girly look is what Erin wanted, so we’re working with a lot of braids and baby hair,
Jason Wu’s fall 2011 collection was inspired by Versailles and a Baroque style. To complement the palette of muted blacks, whites and nudes with antique gold accents, lead stylist Odile Gilbert for Aveda wanted to create a hairstyle that was “simple
The 3.1 Phillip Lim spring 2011 collection was inspired by the female dandy. For the hair, “Philip wanted something very easy, a style models could do themselves,” said Odile Gilbert, lead stylist for Phyto, who created a messy chignon with a twisted
The decade on everyone’s lips, and locks, is the ‘70s backstage and Lead Stylist Odile Gilbert for Aveda created lightly tousled hair with a natural innocence for Rodarte’s Spring 2011 show. “The look is inspired by teenagers in the 1970’
The Spring 2011 Suno show in Milk Studios Saturday included layered pieces and mixed patterns that translated into multidimensional hair and makeup looks. Lead Hair for Aveda Odile Gilbert described the voluminous updo as “naïve but sophisticated.
At Erin Fetherston, shown at Milk Studios, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Odile Gilbert created a dual-textured look that was slicked away from the face in the front and clean, straight and long in the back. “It’s like the woman came straight from the
The indefatigable Odile Gilbert was at it again backstage at 3.1 Phillip Lim, this time creating Blondie-inspired rock ‘n’ roll hair as lead stylist for Phyto. To produce fluffy curls, Gilbert applied Phyto Professional Intense Volume mousse,
The creme de la creme of the fashion world showed up for the Rodarte show at Gagosian Gallery, with Vogue’s Anna Wintour (minus her trademark sunglasses) and Grace Coddington, Elle’s Joe Zee and Project Runway judge Nina Garcia getting front row seat
It might have been early, but the backstage area of Zac Posen’s Fall 2010 Collection show was a flurry of hair, nails and makeup—and plenty of coffee. of course. For hair, Odile Gilbert for L’Oreal Professionnel created a middle-parted, wavy look u
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...