GK Hair offered a mini oasis to pamper New York Fashion Week attendees in the Empire Hotel. Talented stylists, including Jeff Wacker who created hairstyles for the Nicole Miller, Vivienne Tam and Jason Wu runways this season, offered faux bobs, curls, ponytails and smoothing using GK Hair’s styling line. I stopped by before my first [...]
Camo, tweed, paisley, wool and an overall outdoors-woodsy vibe dominated the Perry Ellis by Duckie Brown Fall/Winter 2013 collection, showcased at the Highline Stages Tuesday. To tastefully contrast with the clothes, Holli Smith for Oribe Hair Care s
For the Ann Yee Fall/Winter 2013 show, Yee was inspired by Black Mountain College, a beatnik liberal arts college founded in the 1930’s that was a unique educational experiment for artists. Complete with lots of knits, Yee’s clothes exemplified the
Design house Wildfox is into kitsch and class and decided for its fall/winter 2013 collection to take on the roaring 1920s, “ala The Great Gatsby” To pull of the look in the hair US Creative Director for TIGI, Heath Grout, styled most of the girls
For Haus Alkire’s Fall 2013 show, Catwalk by TIGI Creative Director Heath Grout prepped models’ hair at the New York City TIGI Academy, his third season working with the fashion designer couple. Inspiration for the fall 2013 collection came from phot
Jon Reyman for Aveda styled a low pony with a sculptural twist for the the first ever Marimekko Fashion Week show featuring the brand’s Spring/Summer 2013 collection. Known for bright colors and graphic prints, the hair fit in with the brand while al
The color pink should simply be renamed Betsey Johnson. A total fashion icon and tiny ball of exuberant energy Betsey Johnson showed her Fall 2012 Collection—with plenty of pink—this week to a packed theater at Lincoln Center. The theme of
Backstage for the Carolina Herrera preshow hair and makeup, the energy was buzzing as creating any look for Ms. Herrera is done with great care and respect. The highlight during the beautiful creations was when Ms. Herrera gently popped in the ro
As the new senior editor here at American Salon, today I got the chance to attend my first ever fashion show and I was beyond excited! I went behind-the-scenes of Rag & Bone with hair done by Redken Creative Consultant Guido and makeup by Revlon
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...