Come October, salons are getting on board to help spread awareness and raise money for breast cancer, which is the leading cancer among women in the United States. Get ready to show your support by stocking your retail area and equipping your salon with these limited-edition products and tools, from manufacturers who are committing a [...]
It’s Tuesday again, which means class is in session for part three of our summer haircare series. On the agenda: deep conditioning options for severe “vacation hair” victims. For seriously stressed manes, offer these restorative treatments to help nu
In the May issue of American Salon, we feature fabulous products you can suggest to your clients for the array of issues they’re about to encounter in the upcoming months. As promised, we are prepared to keep you in-the-know all month long with t
Salon Week, debuting on April 1 in participating Boston and New York City salons, gives business owners the perfect chance to show appreciation for loyal clients, retain former visitors and welcome new ones. From April 1 – 7 the first-ever salon ev
P&G Salon Professional will be be webcasting live from the floor at America’s Beauty Show Sunday, March 4 and Monday, March 5. Tune in to watch industry leaders—including Wella Professionals , Professional Sebastian, Clairol Professional and
At this past ISSE, P&G Salon Professionals debuted a new exhibition format designed as a ‘masterclass’ set-up in which salon professionals could roam freely from platform to platform, experiencing education from each one of the company’s four b
Nioxin’s new leave-in hair thickening treatment, Diamax, officially launches in salons nationwide in February 2012. However, you don’t have to wait for yours because Nioxin is giving away $1 million worth of product to consumers and stylists from Dec
The results of the 2011 American Salon Professional’s Choice Awards are in! You, the reader, have voted for your favorite products in the beauty industry including haircare, tools, makeup and skincare. Here is a close-up look at all of the well-deser
In “Through the Years,” (American Salon, April 2011), I chatted with experts about ways to help hair and skin defy the hands of time. Here is some additional information about the products featured on pages 84 and 85: FOR CLIENTS IN THEIR 20s:
Enough with the rainâ€”we’re ready for summer already! Haircare manufacturers are gearing up for summer, too, with a host of new releases to protect strands from the damaging elements of summer: sun, salt water and chlorine. With so many clients
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...