Knifes, blood, gore, straight jackets and straight up psychos were all the rage for The Blonds Fall/Winter 2013 show at Milk Studios as a part of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. In creating the collection, The Blonds, designers David and Phillipe Blond, were inspired by classic horror films, in particular old Hitchcok films and The Shining. For [...]
For the Fall/Winter 2013 Parkchoonmoon collection, Korean designer Demi Choonmoo Park was inspired by glaciers in the Arctic Sea. To exmplify the looks of the clothes, Choonmoon embraced neutrals of eggshell and light gray for the huge padded coats,
Models clad in Nicholas K’s Fall 2013 collection of layered neutrals and textured fabrics were transformed into warrior princesses ready for an arctic trek. The overall beauty look was tough and rugged with a tribal air. TIGI global creative dir
At The Standard Hotel in New York City Friday, TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin created druid-like hair for Katie Gallagher’s Narnia-inspired collection that was predominantly black and combined form-fitting and draped pieces. The hairstyl
Given the buzz and energy backstage at Mara Hoffman’s show at Lincoln Center today, you’d hardly know there was a major snowstorm the night before in New York City. Nick Irwin, lead stylist for Catwalk by TIGI, was busy creating a sophisticated gypsy
At the gorgeous Standard East Village Penthouse balcony, overlooking all of New York City, Designer Ann Yee showed her beautiful Spring 2013 collection inspired by fishermen, the sea, salty ocean air and beyond. Yee’s inspiration for her collectio
When designer Chris Benz told lead hairstylist Nick Irwin, TIGI creative director, his ideas for the hair for his spring 2013 collection, which included references to Japanese school girls, zombies and singer Tiny Tim, Irwin knew he had to get creati
Pumped electric nature was found throughout the hair, makeup, and clothes of design house Haus Alkire for its Fall 2012 collection. With cool lines and graphically awesome prints the designs of Julia Haus and Jason Alkire were well complemented with
The fall 2012 Vivienne Tam collection told the story of an adventurous girl on a “Mongolian journey.” The designer collaborated with TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin to create an “east meets west” hairstyle that would be the perfect fit f
This season Chriz Benz delivered his signature color-and-texture extravaganza. Full skirts pumped up with ample pleats and layers of tulle, cropped jackets either in fur or fuzzy wool and the ever-present bold prints made a definitive statement, but
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...