Just like seasons past, Redken Creative Consultant Guido was tapped once again to deliver an edgy New York City look to the hair that translates to the Rag & Bone design aesthetic. To do this Guido created a funky knot with a deep side part for the ultimate cool girl. To get this look, Guido [...]
Stylists from Aveda salons across the country flocked to the Aveda Advanced Academy in New York City January 13 and 14 for the experience of a lifetime—to participate in two full days of exclusive workshops preparing them to work backstage at New Y
This year’s Preen spring show at the IAC building was all about Victorian-era inspiration combined with a modern edge, from ruffled collars on patchwork patterned clothing to precise and elegant hair. Soft pastels and Japanese floral prints swept
For Victoria Beckham’s spring show at the New York Public Library’s Astor Hall, Redken Creative Consultant Guido designed a hairstyle to identify an independent, sophisticated woman, or as he put it, Catherine Deneuve with added masculinity. “The
At this year’s Yigal Azrouel spring show at Highline Studio, things were kept fashionably casual, mimicking “something a girl in New York would buy,” said Jimmy Paul, hairstylist for Bumble and bumble. “It’s a simple look, very urbane, very real,
Vogue and CFDA’s third annual Fashion’s Night Out (FNO) was a huge success, bringing freebies, makeovers, music and celebrities to excited shoppers in New York City last night. Companies like Redken, Sebastian Professional and Essie beautified gues
It might have been early, but the backstage area of Zac Posen’s Fall 2010 Collection show was a flurry of hair, nails and makeup—and plenty of coffee. of course. For hair, Odile Gilbert for L’Oreal Professionnel created a middle-parted, wavy look u
Inspired by Nico of the Velvet Underground, Erin Fetherston’s Fall 2010 Collection brought together bohemian styles with rock’n'roll tailoring. Odile Gilbert for Moroccanoil followed that lead and gave all of the models long, straight hair with drama
Shown beneath the tents at Bryant Park, Herve Leger’s sophistication-meets-urban-edge Fall 2010 Collection was beautifully complemented by natural, free-flowing “undone ponytails,” styled by Bob Recine for Moroccanoil. He used one product—Luminous
For the presentation of Behnaz Sarafpour’s Fall 2010 Collection, Roxanne Valinoti for CND styled the nails. Below, watch a video of her describing the design. As for the models’ faces, the key makeup artist was Gordon Espinet for M.A.C. Cosmetics.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...