When David Cruz for Phyto first viewed Elise Overland’s Fall 2010 collection, he saw it as “very strong, very powerful.” To soften the overall look, he decided to create a loose chignon-like updo. The front of the hair had a bit of height, which Cruz describes as “almost like a man’s hairdo from the 60s.” [...]
Millions of Americans have fallen in love with the guilty pleasure that is MTV’s Jersey Shore, with the antics of this self-proclaimed gang of “guidos” and “guidettes.” The boys spend absurd amounts of time in front of a mirror, while the girls a
Is there any creature sexier right now than the vampire? The cute kids from Twilight, Rob Pattinson and Kristin Stewart, are steaming up screens, selling magazines and causing teenagers to go weak at the knees at public appearances. The cast of H
Napoleon Perdis introduced his new fall makeup collection, The Divine Marchesa, at a press event at his apartment in New York City earlier this week. The collection is exclusive to Napoleon Perdis concept stores and ULTA nationwide. â€œNapole
For City of Hope’s National Professional Salon Industry 2009 Spirit of Life Dinner & Masquerade Ball honoring Pureology’s Cheryl and Jim Markham, American Salon publisher and event co-chair Brett Vinovich asked some of the top names in the beauty
Maybe youâ€™ve heard about the new movie ChÃ©ri? Itâ€™s a Parisian romp set at the turn of the century starring Michelle Pfeiffer as a wry seductress. Clad in sumptuous costumes and showcasing radiant skin, Pfeifferâ€™s character
“You want to know what comes between me and my Calvins? Nothing,” said Brooke Shields in a late 1970s steamy campaign thatâ€™s still remembered today. If you ask me, thereâ€™s only one thing that should come between a woman and her makeup
Why pink is the new redâ€¦ Red is always classic but this spring pink brings you in sync with the times. Whether itâ€™s day at the office, a night out on the town or a weekend at the beach, pink lipstick looks irresistibly fresh. And there
You’ve probably noticed some recent changes to the design of our blog as we get ready to re-launch the site with more frequent updates and great new content. One of our most exciting new features will be regular guest blogs from some of the biggest n
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...