There’s no denying that the brow has become the It beauty accessory of the moment. From brushed-up to bleached-out, the arches are getting plenty of play and have become the new focus feature. Here are some of tips and tricks on edgy yet fresh ways to dress up a client’s brow. Glossy, Glossy: A glossy [...]
This time of year, the number one request I get from clients is to help them restore that luminous sun-kissed look from the warmer season before. Electing warmer shades like bronze and beige create this effect, but you must be careful or else they’
People always ask me if there are regional differences when it comes to women and their makeup. And it’s true that what rates highly in one state may not be the same in another. Texan women adore my DeVine Goddess lipsticks in the SMP, while Califo
In the beauty world, there are women who rarely deviate from their natural look. There are others who cling religiously to their neutral palette, black liner or red lipstick. And then, god love them, there are those wide-eyed, fashion-obsessives who
Life’s a little more fun when you read between the lines—especially if those lines are composed of zinging color. With this in mind, I’ve just launched a new pencil collection with arresting shades for eyes, lips and brows. A stellar pencil is
Fashion designers preview their resort collections during the summer months, forecasting looks that will land in stores at the end of the year. What I love about the resort shows is, unlike the spring and fall collections, their tone is reliably play
Erykah Badu raised eyebrows recently in her striptease video, Window Seat, but what about when a client wants to go nude? I say go ahead—but, of course, I’m referring to nude lips. There is something undeniably sexy about creamy beige and taupe l
If I had a Tim Tam—an Australian cookie—for every time I heard, “I want to look thinner,” I could open my own bakery. It’s a common complaint from clients, but especially as the hot season approaches and all the glossy magazines go into ove
Since the original 1933 film, women, young girls and probably quite a few hirsute men have marveled at the visual splendor that is Alice in Wonderland. More than seven decades years later the new version of the classic, helmed by the incomparable Tim
Glamourpuss actress Natalie Wood was the kind of woman who, after dining in an upscale restaurant, would check her lipstick in the reflective blade of a knife. I was thinking about how impossibly chic that was recently and lamenting the fact that lip
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...