When coming up with the hair design for the Badgley Mischka show, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Peter Gray took inspiration from the movie White Mischief, which chronicles the sex- and drug-filled lifestyles of wealthy, self-righteous Brits living large in Kenya in the 1940s. “It’s all about posh women with a devious side,” he said. He [...]
At Carolina Herrera’s Lincoln Center show, which featured a Korean-inspired collection, Orlando Pita for Moroccanoil created two different looks that incorporated handmade barrettes covered with hair that coordinated with the models’ own hair color.
At Erin Fetherston, shown at Milk Studios, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Odile Gilbert created a dual-textured look that was slicked away from the face in the front and clean, straight and long in the back. “It’s like the woman came straight from the
While Emily Blunt often chooses fashion-forward styles for awards shows and premieres, her look for the Emmys last night was decidedly understated as she escorted husband and The Office star John Krasinski down the red carpet in lavender Dior. Her ha
Outstanding Actress In A Drama nominee Julianna Margulies complemented her body-hugging navy L’Wren Scott gown with voluminous curls courtesy of Robert Vetica. “Since the gown was perfectly fitted and very body-conscious, I wanted to create a femin
At last night’s Salt premiere, Naomi Watts debuted a new, shorter ‘do created by stylist Robert Vetica. “It was quite a change for Naomi,” Vetica says. “After we did so many different looks for Cannes, I wanted Naomi to look fresh and young and real
Bryce Dallas Howard, joining the cast as Victoria, channeled Bridget Bardot on the red carpet this past Thursday in L.A. with sweptback shimmering waves and understated volume. Celebrity Hairstylist David Babaii styled the actress’ bright auburn lo
Scarlett Johansson arrived at the Iron Man 2 premiere in Hollywood last week sporting a look that was at once flirty, fun and high fashion. Her structural ice blue Armani Prive dress was perfectly complemented by her fresh, softly textured updo, whic
This year’s red carpet featured a mix of beautiful updos and cascading curls, and several hairstylists created their clients’ looks with the help of Moroccanoil. Here’s how they did it: For Jennifer Lopez’s modern, elegantly texturized updo, R
We’ve been at IBS New York for the past few days. There are tons of fun products to check out, in addition to great classes and Main Stage performances. Here is a sampling from day 1!
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...