The inspiration behind Badgley Mischka’s fall 2012 collection was the science-fiction impressionism seen in the German film Metropolis. Reflected in the strong structures, high collars, defined angles and overall mood of the collection, one might expect to see that geometric imagery replicated in the hairstyle. Rather than complement it, Peter Gray for Moroccanoil went in [...]
At last night’s Golden Globes, starlets wowed red carpet onlookers, embracing a variety of styling trends sure to become go-to looks for seasons to come. Here, top stylists share how you can execute these A-List dos on your salon clients. THE TR
The Premiere Beauty Classic show hosted 2,625 attendees at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio last October. Focusing on education, the show allowed stylists to earn up to eight hours of Continuing Education (CEUs). The Center St
To match the elegant midnight blue Elie Saab Couture dress that Hilary Swank wore to the Los Angeles premiere of her newest film, New Year’s Eve, celebrity stylist and Moroccanoil Global Brand Ambassador Robert Vetica fashioned a glamorous, young
The swank Academy Mansion in Manhattan’s Upper East Side was the setting for last night’s Juicy Couture spring 2012 presentation, which featured shorts and jackets with a nautical influence and bright preppy dresses and pants. To complement the cloth
At Badgley Mischka’s spring collection, shown at the tents at Lincoln Center, a number of intriguing references inspired lead hairstylist for Moroccanoil Peter Gray to create the dramatic updos for the show, including Italian sculptor Umberto Boccion
The results of the 2011 American Salon Professional’s Choice Awards are in! You, the reader, have voted for your favorite products in the beauty industry including haircare, tools, makeup and skincare. Here is a close-up look at all of the well-deser
The beauty looks at Elie Tahari were all about keeping things pure and simple. For the hair, Esther Langham for Moroccanoil created a clean low ponytail at the nape of the neck. She started by dampening the models’ hair and applying a mixture of Mor
The Badgley Mischka fall 2011 collection was inspired by the films of the 1940s and ’50s, such as All About Eve, Dark Victory and The Women, and the parties that went along with them. “It’s less about the red carpet and more about the Vanity Fair aft
To complement Vera Wang’s new collection, which features a mix of structured and flowy designs, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Orlando Pita created a hair look that was both architectural and fluid at the same time. “The contrast of different textures
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...