At Carolina Herrera’s show at the tents at Lincoln Center this morning, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Orlando Pita of Orlo Salon created a 1940s-style rolled updo that perfectly complemented the romantic collection. “I updated it for today by making it smaller to the head,” he told me. To get the look, Pita prepped the hair [...]
Carly Cushnie and Michelle Ochs’ designs for their Cushnie et Ochs Fall 2013 collection of dark, flowing dresses and separates with geometric cutouts drew inspiration from the Salem Witch Trials and radical colonial women. Moroccanoil Artistic Dire
Haircare company Moroccanoil has launched an e-commerce feature on its website for customers to directly purchase the full line of products online. To demonstrate its commitment to maintaining the integrity of the brand and its anti-diversion program
Walking the red carpet for The Screen Actor’s Guild Awards, Michelle Dockery wore a vintage Chado Ralph Rucci gown and equally elegant bob created by Celebrity Stylist Mara Roszak using Moroccanoil products. Create the Look: Beginning wit
The stars attending the 70th Annual Golden Globes looked stunning in glamorous gowns and shimmering hair to match. Here, we share some of our favorite trends from the evening and tips from the stylists behind these award-worthy ’dos on how to recre
Moroccanoil and their Southern California distributor, Sweis Inc., recently hosted a Hair Trends party at the Andaz Hotel in West Hollywood, CA, to educate and inspire local salon owners and stylists.
American Salon readers have weighed in on their favorite and most trusted products, giving us this year’s Professional’s Choice Awards winners.
When The Blonds are involved surely the look is going to be beyond wild, full of glam, super blonde and unexpected. This was defintely the case for their Spring 2013 collection simply titled Psycho Beach Party. The beauty team on board— Antonio
When designers Mark Badgley and James Mischka shared the inspiration for their spring 2013 Badgley Mischka collection—a 1930s version of A Midsummer Night’s Dream—with lead hairstylist for Moroccanoil Peter Gray, Gray put his imagination to work
There was no period reference for the sleek, straight looks Orlando Pita, lead stylist for Moroccanoil, created for Carolina Herrera’s spring 2013 show. To achieve the chic, modern style, Pita added extensions as needed to create a uniform length, ap
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...