GK Hair offered a mini oasis to pamper New York Fashion Week attendees in the Empire Hotel. Talented stylists, including Jeff Wacker who created hairstyles for the Nicole Miller, Vivienne Tam and Jason Wu runways this season, offered faux bobs, curls, ponytails and smoothing using GK Hair’s styling line. I stopped by before my first [...]
Knifes, blood, gore, straight jackets and straight up psychos were all the rage for The Blonds Fall/Winter 2013 show at Milk Studios as a part of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. In creating the collection, The Blonds, designers David and Phillipe Blon
Aaron Grenia for Privé created stunning “whoville” creations for Darlene and Lizzy Okpo for their fashion label William Okpo for the fall/winter 2013 presentation collection as a part of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. The idea was to create textur
For Katya Leonovich’s Fall/Winter 2013 collection, the models looked like walking angels, thanks to Antonio Corral Calero for Moroccanoil who created gorgeous halo-like styles that perfectly exemplified the pretty and ethereal collection by Leonovich
For the Fall/Winter 2013 Parkchoonmoon collection, Korean designer Demi Choonmoo Park was inspired by glaciers in the Arctic Sea. To exmplify the looks of the clothes, Choonmoon embraced neutrals of eggshell and light gray for the huge padded coats,
Models clad in Nicholas K’s Fall 2013 collection of layered neutrals and textured fabrics were transformed into warrior princesses ready for an arctic trek. The overall beauty look was tough and rugged with a tribal air. TIGI global creative dir
For Creatures of the Wind’s Fall/Winter 2013 show for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, it was all about natural waves, a strong, but quiet existence and super funky nails—all to coicide with a collection that was inspired by the Memphis Design Movement
For the Ann Yee Fall/Winter 2013 show, Yee was inspired by Black Mountain College, a beatnik liberal arts college founded in the 1930’s that was a unique educational experiment for artists. Complete with lots of knits, Yee’s clothes exemplified the
The Lela Rose Fall 2013 collection is all about fairy-tales. Her whimsical creations were inspired by such tales as the Brothers Grimm and Hansel and Gretel. Lela chose Ted Gibson’s hairstyling team, led by Senior Stylist Devin Toth, to create myth
Just like seasons past, Redken Creative Consultant Guido was tapped once again to deliver an edgy New York City look to the hair that translates to the Rag & Bone design aesthetic. To do this Guido created a funky knot with a deep side part f
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...