Camo, tweed, paisley, wool and an overall outdoors-woodsy vibe dominated the Perry Ellis by Duckie Brown Fall/Winter 2013 collection, showcased at the Highline Stages Tuesday. To tastefully contrast with the clothes, Holli Smith for Oribe Hair Care styled the hair for a more precious and boyish appearance, taking inspiration from those ugly yearbook photos of [...]
The buzzword at Derek Lam’s Fall/Winter 2013 show was “bohemian minimalism,” and clothes featured structure with silhouettes and texture for an overall casual but luxurious quality. Stationed in the back rooms of the Sean Kelly Gallery, Orlando
Design house Wildfox is into kitsch and class and decided for its fall/winter 2013 collection to take on the roaring 1920s, “ala The Great Gatsby” To pull of the look in the hair US Creative Director for TIGI, Heath Grout, styled most of the girls
During Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, showcasing the collections of Spring 2013, Matrix sponsored Strut: The Fashionable Mom Show, celebrating looks of real moms and hosted by talk show host Wendy Williams and The Moms personalities Melissa Gerstein
This year’s Preen spring show at the IAC building was all about Victorian-era inspiration combined with a modern edge, from ruffled collars on patchwork patterned clothing to precise and elegant hair. Soft pastels and Japanese floral prints swept
For Victoria Beckham’s spring show at the New York Public Library’s Astor Hall, Redken Creative Consultant Guido designed a hairstyle to identify an independent, sophisticated woman, or as he put it, Catherine Deneuve with added masculinity. “The
At this year’s Yigal Azrouel spring show at Highline Studio, things were kept fashionably casual, mimicking “something a girl in New York would buy,” said Jimmy Paul, hairstylist for Bumble and bumble. “It’s a simple look, very urbane, very real,
Vogue and CFDA’s third annual Fashion’s Night Out (FNO) was a huge success, bringing freebies, makeovers, music and celebrities to excited shoppers in New York City last night. Companies like Redken, Sebastian Professional and Essie beautified gues
The Hyden Yoo spring 2012 collection was inspired by the Oscar nominated film L’amant, reviving a 1920s look and playing off the plot’s romance between an expat and a South Asian native during neocolonialism. Guests strolled through the tent and
Kristina Estabrooks, lead nail artist, for Creative Nail Design (CND), described to American Salon the amazing details of the firebreathing “Mori and Moto” dragons that were created for The Blonds runway show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...