Bibhu Mohapatra’s fall 2013 collection recalled 1930s-era style, especially legendary photographer Man Ray’s photos of his Parisian muses Kiki du Montparnasse and Lee Miller. Incorporating these ’30s-era elements in the hair, Amit Abraham for L’Oréal Professionnel created a style that also played off the honeycomb patterns in the clothes. To achieve the beautiful updo, Abraham [...]
Given the buzz and energy backstage at Mara Hoffman’s show at Lincoln Center today, you’d hardly know there was a major snowstorm the night before in New York City. Nick Irwin, lead stylist for Catwalk by TIGI, was busy creating a sophisticated gypsy
The color pink should simply be renamed Betsey Johnson. A total fashion icon and tiny ball of exuberant energy Betsey Johnson showed her Fall 2012 Collection—with plenty of pink—this week to a packed theater at Lincoln Center. The theme of
With a totally Asian-inspired, modern Fall 2012 collection Designer Bibhu Mohapatra looked to L’Oréal Professionnel Master Session Artist Amit Abraham to create a beautiful, sleek look fitting of the modern, sharp collection that featured lots of bo
Matrix announced Leonardo Chavez as its new vice president and general manager, a role in which he will lead the global expansion of the brand with a specific focus on the emerging markets of China, Brazil, Russia and other Asian nations. He has had
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...