During Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, showcasing the collections of Spring 2013, Matrix sponsored Strut: The Fashionable Mom Show, celebrating looks of real moms and hosted by talk show host Wendy Williams and The Moms personalities Melissa Gerstein and Denise Alberts. The show featured top contemporary designers and brands modeled by real moms ranging from celebrities [...]
This month American Salon celebrated its 135th year and an entire crew of people participated in the cover shoot to ensure it would live up to the honor. Here, we feature more behind-the-scenes pictures to showcase how the final product was achie
EDITOR’S NOTE: A version of this article appeared in the June 2012 issue of American Salon. In the print version, Nick Stenson was incorrectly left out of the list of Matrix artistic directors. Nick Stenson is a Matrix Artistic director as listed bel
As of June 1 and running through August 31, Matrix is accepting applications from cosmetology students and recent grads for its 2013 Matrix Spread the Love program. For the month of June, cosmetology schools can also nominate students for the program
On Monday, the highly anticipated Met Ball in New York City celebrated the Met’s new exhibition, Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations, for renowned Italian designers Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada. Here are some of our favorite loo
Matrix Artistic Director Nick Stenson has recently been announced as JCPenney Salon’s new artistic director, a position he will hold simultaneously along with his Matrix duties. In his newer position, he will be responsible for creating sign
Yesterday I had the pleasure of checking out Matrix Artistic Director Chrystofer Benson’s Visionary Shoot class in New York City. At the two-day educational experience, held at 28on27th.com’s photo studio, beauty pros got the the opportunity to lea
Last month Matrix partnered with top Chicago salon owner Joseph Cartagena at a special fashion event sponsored by StyleChicago.com. The event was specifically designed to provide first-hand fashion and beauty tips to 350 fashion savvy businesswom
The efforts of the Metro St. Louis Cinderella Project helped to provide more than 150 girls from more than 40 high schools facing financial difficulties with prom dresses, and in most cases, free hairstyles, make-up and manicures. Belleza Salon of
In our March 2012 issue, Matrix Artistic Director Daniel Roldan and Master Artistic Educator Victoria Yeremchuk played with depth-enhancing color placement to add an innovative twist to their model’s edgy cut in Stencil, part of the Urban Art colle
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...