Join Matrix for a free online education experience that should not be missed, as they host 5 virtual classes through September. Join Matrix live in the new ColorInsider Digital Classroom and interact directly with world-class Matrix Artistic Directors for product information application and formulation techniques. The next class is on May 13th, and will be [...]
For Claire Danes’ appearance at The Screen Actor’s Guild Awards Stylist Peter Butler created a simple, elegant ponytail with Matrix products and let her asymmetrical Givenchy gown take center stage. Create the Look: Prep wet hair with M
The stars attending the 70th Annual Golden Globes looked stunning in glamorous gowns and shimmering hair to match. Here, we share some of our favorite trends from the evening and tips from the stylists behind these award-worthy ’dos on how to recre
This fall, beauty product distributor Emiliani Enterprises held its two-day 2012 Emiliani Beauty Expo at the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center in Edison, NJ. The event included Runway V, a special opening night tribute honoring legendary
As seen in the December issue of American Salon, tousled texture meets high fashion in New York Bohemian, the new collection from the Visionary Icon team led by Matrix Artistic Director Chrystofer Benson. Benson and award-winning photographer Jose
Matrix Artistic Director Patrick McIvor, one of the industry’s most respected colorists, shares (and demonstrates) his secrets for perfecting the ombré hair trend.
Since the premiere of The Hunger Games this spring, Katniss Everdeen has been everyone’s favorite heroine. Matrix Artistic Director and celebrity stylist, Ammon Carver, gives you the step-by-step styling technique to recreate the look on your clients this Halloween.
This holiday season, hair care companies have so many great products and tools that we couldn’t fit them all in the October issue of American Salon (Page 72 and 73) so we present more great options for your salon here on the blog, just for you! —
American Salon readers have weighed in on their favorite and most trusted products, giving us this year’s Professional’s Choice Awards winners.
Moved to action when a local teen committed suicide after being bullied, Matrix salon Suzi’s Salon & Spa of Morristown, NJ, held a cut-a-thon to benefit the Stomp Out Bullying Organization. The event, held September 16, was organized with t
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...