The doo.Ri spring ’10 collection, shown at Bryant Park, featured a color palette in shades of gray with pops of blue and pinks and fabrics ranging from silk to jersey to tulle. To complement the collection, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Orlando Pita created a contemporary tucked-under ponytail with a hint of bangs he described as [...]
Backstage at Cynthia Rowley’s spring ’10 show, lead stylist Bok-Hee for Redken told me she wanted the models hairstyles to make them look like “girls who were perfect but went renegade.” The look, a looped ponytail with rolled bangs in front, had a m
I attended The Makeup Show NYC yesterday at the Metropolitan Pavilion, where hundreds of makeup artists checked out makeup companies’ booths, shopped, and attended seminars and workshops led by industry heavy-hitters. Popular booths included Make Up
Catherine Malandrinoâ€™s elegant Fall â€™09 show was held on Thursday at the venerable Rainbow Room on the 65th floor of 30 Rockefeller Plaza. Guests, who included Mena Suvari and Mary J Blige, were treated to Bellini cocktails and hors
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...