Jon Reyman for Aveda styled a low pony with a sculptural twist for the the first ever Marimekko Fashion Week show featuring the brand’s Spring/Summer 2013 collection. Known for bright colors and graphic prints, the hair fit in with the brand while also not taking away from the clothes. Reyman noted that the look for [...]
The look for Vivienne Tam’s Spring 2013 collection was modern, geometric and simply stunning. Dresses, loose pants and sheaths of organza in white, black, red and green dominated the runway with giant geometric shapes and stripes as the focal points.
When The Blonds are involved surely the look is going to be beyond wild, full of glam, super blonde and unexpected. This was defintely the case for their Spring 2013 collection simply titled Psycho Beach Party. The beauty team on board— Antonio
Pier 57 was the steamy setting to see the Spring 2013 collection of Prabal Gurung; and while the space was indeed melty hot, the beauty of the clothes made one instantly forget about the heat. Prabal Gurung’s overall theme was simply of floating
The Spring 2013 collection from Rebecca Taylor is all about an ultra-cool polished beach girl with flowing dresses, jumpers and separates featuring intricate details, such as gemstones, and easy-on-the-eyes prints. To create this girl for the hair
It was all about muted pastels for the Spring 2013 Peter Som look this morning at Milk Studios for New York Fashion Week. Global Creative director for Wella Professionals Eugene Souleiman kept things funky, messy and flowing with long disheveled l
Designer Reed Krakoff always delivers that Americana sportswear look and Redken Creative Consultant Guido was sure to emulate the look of true beauty and expensive richness with his texturized, long and simple hair, perfect for Krakoff’s fall 2012
Pumped electric nature was found throughout the hair, makeup, and clothes of design house Haus Alkire for its Fall 2012 collection. With cool lines and graphically awesome prints the designs of Julia Haus and Jason Alkire were well complemented with
Backstage for the Carolina Herrera preshow hair and makeup, the energy was buzzing as creating any look for Ms. Herrera is done with great care and respect. The highlight during the beautiful creations was when Ms. Herrera gently popped in the ro
It was all about the bat for designer Christian Siriano as his inspiration for his fall 2012 collection was based on the bat and the black-and-white 1933 film The Vampire Bat starring 1930s’ actress Fay Wray. Aveda Global Creative Director Antoine
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...