At the Reed Krakoff show, Guido for Redken gave the models a “simple, modern look” to go with the designer’s minimal take on beauty. He began the process by prepping wet hair with Spray Starch 15 Versatile Ironing Spray for texture and created a severe side part before allowing the hair to dry naturally. Then, [...]
Elegance walked through the halls of NASDAQ tonight with Carmen Marc Valvo’s fall 2011 collection. A chic half-up style by Devin Toth for Ted Gibson perfectly complemented the soft and beautiful look. “You want to ‘look’ like you have no
Erin Fetherston’s signature style came through backstage at Milk Studios where Odile for TIGI invented a romantic chignon to go with the clothing line. “A very girly look is what Erin wanted, so we’re working with a lot of braids and baby hair,
At the Alexander Wang show held at Pier 94, Redken’s Guido sought a “natural bed-heady look” to go with the fall 2011 collection. “I wanted an easy, cool east village style,” Guido said. First, he prepped the hair with Thickening Lotion 06
The Adam fall 2011 collection mixed Native American and country influences. For the hair, lead stylist Diego De Silvo for Redken created a look that was “sophisticated but with some edge.” He explains, “It’s really two looks: from the front, it’s sle
For Peter Som’s fall 2011 collection, Eugene Souleiman for Wella Professionals created a undone updo inspired by a quirky 1960s housewife. “The starting point was a Tippi Hedren from Hitchcock’s The Birds,” Souleiman said. “But it’s like the bird
Jason Wu’s fall 2011 collection was inspired by Versailles and a Baroque style. To complement the palette of muted blacks, whites and nudes with antique gold accents, lead stylist Odile Gilbert for Aveda wanted to create a hairstyle that was “simple
Christian Siriano, who is known for his extravagant yet sophisticated dresses, was inspired by black orchids for his fall 2011 collection. While the hair and makeup at his shows are usually equally as intricate, he went for a much simpler look this
When coming up with the hair design for the Badgley Mischka show, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Peter Gray took inspiration from the movie White Mischief, which chronicles the sex- and drug-filled lifestyles of wealthy, self-righteous Brits living lar
The Spring 2011 Suno show in Milk Studios Saturday included layered pieces and mixed patterns that translated into multidimensional hair and makeup looks. Lead Hair for Aveda Odile Gilbert described the voluminous updo as “naïve but sophisticated.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...