It was all about Nomads for the Spring 2013 Kimberly Ovitz show at Pier 57, my first show as a part of the Spring 2013 Season for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. The shows lead make up artist Gina Betelli for M.A.C. Cosmetics said the Spring 2013 Kimberly Ovits woman is a girl that designs her [...]
The character Sophie Theallet created in her fall 2012 show at Milk Studios once lived a life of opulence as a wealthy aristocrat, but now finds herself disconnected from that fortune and refinement. “She still lives a decadent lifestyle, she’s s
The inspiration behind Badgley Mischka’s fall 2012 collection was the science-fiction impressionism seen in the German film Metropolis. Reflected in the strong structures, high collars, defined angles and overall mood of the collection, one might e
The inspiration for the hair at the Nanette Lepore spring 2012 show came from an unlikely source: a model who walked into the fitting with dirty locks. “It was greasy in the front and dry in the back and I thought it was perfect,” said Rolando Beauch
At Badgley Mischka’s spring collection, shown at the tents at Lincoln Center, a number of intriguing references inspired lead hairstylist for Moroccanoil Peter Gray to create the dramatic updos for the show, including Italian sculptor Umberto Boccion
Pamela Love’s spring 2012 jewelry collection, which featured Moroccan-inspired pieces with graphic shapes and patterns, was shown at Milk Studios. Each model wore a headscarf and hat, so lead stylist for Sebastian Professional Anthony Cole created a
At this year’s Yigal Azrouel spring show at Highline Studio, things were kept fashionably casual, mimicking “something a girl in New York would buy,” said Jimmy Paul, hairstylist for Bumble and bumble. “It’s a simple look, very urbane, very real,
For Tadashi Shoji’s tulip-inspired spring 2012 show, lead hairstylist Rodney Cutler created a half-up style that was “a little bohemian and very sophisticated.” As such, Cutler sought to take an evening approach to a classic beachy, hippie look. Afte
The Hyden Yoo spring 2012 collection was inspired by the Oscar nominated film L’amant, reviving a 1920s look and playing off the plot’s romance between an expat and a South Asian native during neocolonialism. Guests strolled through the tent and
The Badgley Mischka fall 2011 collection was inspired by the films of the 1940s and ’50s, such as All About Eve, Dark Victory and The Women, and the parties that went along with them. “It’s less about the red carpet and more about the Vanity Fair aft
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- CALL TO ACTION: Midwest Beauty Professionals Affected by Devastating Tornadoes Need Your Help! May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...