For Haus Alkire’s Fall 2013 show, Catwalk by TIGI Creative Director Heath Grout prepped models’ hair at the New York City TIGI Academy, his third season working with the fashion designer couple. Inspiration for the fall 2013 collection came from photos Jason Alkire captured during Hurricane Sandy—like a candle lit in a dark window—which were [...]
Richard Chai’s spring 2013 collection featured muted pastels, crisp white and light creams with pops of dark navy, and to complement his sophisticated designs he turned to Lead Stylists Frank Rizzieri and Kevin Ryan for Aveda to ensure hair stylin
At Reed Krakoff’s spring 2013 show, Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a wet-looking ponytail that perfectly fit his idea of who the Reed Krakoff woman is: a sophisticated city-dweller who is grounded in the present. To get the look, which he s
Inspired by a Vesper bat-like creature that resides on a Polynesian island, the look at Haus Alkire was an angelic, mysterious woman emerging from glorious, enchanting nature. To create a style representing this theme, Lead Stylist Marco Lafrate,
When designers Mark Badgley and James Mischka shared the inspiration for their spring 2013 Badgley Mischka collection—a 1930s version of A Midsummer Night’s Dream—with lead hairstylist for Moroccanoil Peter Gray, Gray put his imagination to work
There was no period reference for the sleek, straight looks Orlando Pita, lead stylist for Moroccanoil, created for Carolina Herrera’s spring 2013 show. To achieve the chic, modern style, Pita added extensions as needed to create a uniform length, ap
No two hair looks were the same at Diane von Furstenberg’s spring 2013 show. Lead stylist for Phyto Orlando Pita created individual styles for each model ranging from tight curls to pin-straight locks based on their hair type, cut or personal style.
Playing on Skaist Taylor’s collection inspired by the Troubadour club in Los Angeles in the 1970s, lead hairstylist for Oribe Hair Care Kien Hoang created voluminous Afro-textured curls for the models in the show. To achieve the look, he sprayed Orib
Christian Siriano’s spring 2013 collection was inspired by a ballerina post-workout with glowing skin, a dewy complexion and a loose, slightly messy and wet ballerina bun on the top of her head. To create this look, Lead Hairstylist Antoinette B
Antonio Corral Calero, Moroccanoil artistic director, crafted the modern French twists at Catherine Malandrino’s spring 2013 show. To get the look, he prepped the hair with Moroccanoil Treatment, then applied Root Boost (available in early 2013) at t
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...