The Spring 2014 Bridal Market week has filled Manhattan studios and showrooms with yards of carefully gathered tulle, intricate lace, sleek silk and every embellishment under the sun. Marchesa‘s bridal collection, decidedly more floating down the aisle than the usual red carpet glitz, included airy, romantic gowns with a fresh, young bride in mind and [...]
As soon as I stepped backstage at the Jeremy Scott Fall 2013 fashion show at Milk Studios in NYC, I was brought back to the ubiquitously cool punk rock era. The collection had the feel of the underground, rebellious youth of the late ‘80’s and ea
At Badgley Mischka’s show yesterday at Lincoln Center, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Peter Gray was inspired by Alfred Hitchcock blondes—particularly Tippi Hedren in The Birds—to create the braided updos that perfectly complemented the designers’
The Spanish label Delpozo debuted at New York Fashion Week on Sunday with a customized runway winding through the floral carpeted penthouse of Canoe Studios. Creative Director Josep Font’s ‘prêt-à-couture’ line included bold colors, sculpted silhou
At Carolina Herrera’s show at the tents at Lincoln Center this morning, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Orlando Pita of Orlo Salon created a 1940s-style rolled updo that perfectly complemented the romantic collection. “I updated it for today by making i
At The Standard Hotel in New York City Friday, TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin created druid-like hair for Katie Gallagher’s Narnia-inspired collection that was predominantly black and combined form-fitting and draped pieces. The hairstyl
Carly Cushnie and Michelle Ochs’ designs for their Cushnie et Ochs Fall 2013 collection of dark, flowing dresses and separates with geometric cutouts drew inspiration from the Salem Witch Trials and radical colonial women. Moroccanoil Artistic Dire
For the eighth season, Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders worked her hairstyling magic backstage at Christian Siriano. To complement the collection’s glamorous designs, Beenders created elegant fishtail-braided updos inspired by the g
For Kimberly Ovitz’s Fall 2013 collection, filled with colorful prints and inspired by “animals and insects with defense mechanisms,” the hair and makeup look followed suit with strong elements. “Think of a squid when it’s attacked,” said Antoinette
Yesterday at Lincoln Center, lead hairstylist for L’Oréal Professionnel Joseph DiMaggio was backstage at Timo Weiland creating a casually wavy hairstyle for the models that perfectly complemented the designer’s collection. “It was inspired by a girl
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...