Newcomer Houghton showed a glamorous fall collection of white, champagne and cream pieces at Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center. Backstage, lead stylist for L’Oréal Professionnel Laura Polko created three different hairstyles to complement the clothes: long waves, long waves with a slicked back side and a knotted updo. All looks feature a deep side [...]
Some of the world’s best hairdressers met in New York City on February 1, and on the 2nd in Atlantic City, NJ, to promote this spring’s The 4th Dimension: The Day of the Hair Dresser show, produced by Emiliani Enterprises to be held April 15–16
Lead hairstylist Amit Abraham for L’Oreal Professionnel was greatly inspired by the geometry and texture of the fabrics used in Elene Cassis’ spring 2012 collection. “You don’t usually see a lot of texture in spring and summer clothes, so I wanted to
This morning I headed over to the tents at Lincoln Center bright and early for a look at the hair Leonard Manetti, lead stylist for L’Oréal Professionnel, was creating for Jenny Packham’s show. To complement the collection’s many shimmering, colo
Luminous haircolor and elegant styling merged in American Salon’s August cover feature, “Night Moves,” shot by esteemed photographer Laurent Darmon. The striking looks, inspired by New York City’s fashion-forward nightlife scene, were the work of L’O
Excitement was definitely in the air last night as the backstage team prepared for the final show of Fashion Week: L.A.M.B. by Gwen Stefani. The collection revolved around six “Gangs of Gwen,” and Danilo, lead stylist for L’Oreal Professionnel, creat
At the Rachel Roy show, lead stylist for L’Oreal Professionnel Ted Gibson created a bohemian crown of braids that featured fabric from the collection woven in. Gibson, fresh off a trip to the Grammys, where he styled Janelle Monae for her much-lauded
Jennifer J, colorist to the stars and owner of Juan Juan salons in Beverly Hills and Brentwood, CA, has just been announced as a L’Oreal Professionnel Celebrity Colorist. In her 15-plus years in the industry, Jennifer J. has become known for colo
Celebrity stylist Ted Gibson and L’Oréal Professionnel Celebrity Colorist Jason Backe, co-owners of Ted Gibson Salons in Manhattan and Washington, D.C., teamed up to shoot this exclusive feature for American Salon highlighting the versatility of L
Backstage at the Elene Cassis show, lead stylist for L’Oréal Professionnel Amit Abraham told me he was calling the hair look—an airy diagonal French twist—an “‘American Twist,’ because everything is bigger here.” To get the look, Abraham crimped
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...