Bibhu Mohapatra’s fall 2013 collection recalled 1930s-era style, especially legendary photographer Man Ray’s photos of his Parisian muses Kiki du Montparnasse and Lee Miller. Incorporating these ’30s-era elements in the hair, Amit Abraham for L’Oréal Professionnel created a style that also played off the honeycomb patterns in the clothes. To achieve the beautiful updo, Abraham [...]
Yesterday at Lincoln Center, lead hairstylist for L’Oréal Professionnel Joseph DiMaggio was backstage at Timo Weiland creating a casually wavy hairstyle for the models that perfectly complemented the designer’s collection. “It was inspired by a girl
At Bibhu Mohapatra’s runway show, he called upon Amit Abraham for L’Oréal Professsionnel to translate his symbolism of a luna moth and the transformation of a woman from his new collection into the hairstyle for the show. Abraham decided on a
The 1990s hip-hop scene was the inspiration for lead stylist for L’Oréal Professionnel Joseph DiMaggio’s hair look at Timo Weiland’s spring 2013 show. Instead of literally re-creating the styles from the era, DiMaggio put his own spin on them: The w
Designer Stacey Bendet for Alice + Olivia channeled the late-1950s as inspiration for her new spring 2013 collection that centered around “uplifting American optimism.” She wanted the collection to “epitomize the classic feminism of the mid-cen
Houghton’s spring 2013 collection featured black and white lace, sheer panels and touches of pretty floral colors such as navy, pinks and creams to represent a fresh, younger and fun woman. To complement the feminine yet edgy collection, Lead Hairs
Earlier this week, L’Oréal Professionnel hosted an intimate dinner party for editors with celebrity colorist Jason Backe and celebrity stylist Ted Gibson at Ted Gibson Salon in New York City. At the event, Backe talked about the benefits of some of
For the final section of our summer haircare product roundup, we’re prepared to make an offer no client will want to refuse. What better way to feel undoubtedly secure in their protection than to be armed with not just one product, but complete syste
Esteemed hairdresser and salon owner Eva Scrivo recently hosted a Balayage on Bond Street event at her eponymous salon in New York City to educate the beauty press about the process and benefits of using the artistic color technique. Scrivo says that
Film noir and total glamour came to life Monday morning at Lincoln Center as Jenny Packham’s designs hit the runway with hair gorgeously styled to fit the collection by Leonardo Manetti for L’Oréal Professionnel, makeup by Talia Shobrook for Lau
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...